The Woodbury real estate market is beginning to heat up. We are seeing more listings come on the market. Prices and interest rates are still low, but so is supply. The best homes are getting snapped up quickly, and we’re starting to see more multiple offer situations.
If you are thinking about buying your first home, now is the perfect time to start looking. But where do you start? How do you figure out how much you can afford? How do you decide on the right home? And all that paperwork! The process of buying a home can be intimidating to the first time buyer. This FREE first time homebuyer workshop will help take the fear out of home buying
Wednesday, March 6th at 6:00 – 7:30 p.m.
Thursday, March 28th 6:00 – 7:30 p.m.
All workshops will be held at the RE/MAX Results office at 604 Bielenberg Drive in Woodbury. Additional workshop dates and times for April and May will be announced at a later date.
Local real estate experts John and Becky Durham will show you the ins and outs of buying your first home, including:
- Agent Representation – how/why to select an agent.
- Dual Agency – What is it and how it can negatively impact buyers?
- Best method to find your dream home and pitfalls to avoid.
- Procuring Cause - What is it and how can it negatively impact a buyer?
- Purchase agreement and related paperwork simplified. Important factors that should be included in every offer to protect buyers best interests.
- Stucco homes – what should buyers be aware of?
- Home Inspection: What to expect and key factors buyers should look out for.
- Radon Gas Testing – should I test for radon or not?
- Home Warranty – what is it and why might a buyer want to consider?
- The Art of Negotiation – What to offer and how to get the best price and terms.
- Multiple offers and how to handle them.
- Arbitration explained.
- Closing Process and what to expect.
A leading home mortgage expert will tell you about what you can expect through the lending process, from pre-qualification to closing. You’ll learn about what types of loan programs and incentives are available to you, as well as how much you’ll need for a down payment and closing costs on your new home.
You’ll be presented with the latest market data so you’ll know what to expect in terms of home prices. This first time homebuyer workshop is FREE. There is no cost to you and no obligation to use the services offered by any of the presenters.
Workshops require a 48 hour advance reservation. To register, contact John Durham at 651-231-2191.