Free home buying workshops is being offered for first time home buyers looking to purchase a home in Woodbury and the Eastern metro area, as well as Western Wisconsin.
The last few years have made entering the real estate market a scary proposition for many prospective home buyers. But real estate prices are starting to go up again. With interest rates still at historical lows, now may be a great time for a first time home buyer to enter the market. Learn how to purchase a home in today’s housing market to ensure a seamless and smooth home buying process.
These free workshops will include a leading home mortgage expert who will tell you about the financing and home mortgage process, including conventional, FHA, and VA financing. Topics include:
- Pre-approval process
- Qualification guidelines: Credit/employment/income/ratios
- Loan programs, ie. First Time Homebuyer programs
- Monthly payments & cash required to close
- Proposed FHA mortgage changes and their impact on buyers
Local real estate experts will share their expertise of the home buying process in both Minnesota and Wisconsin. They will answer your questions, from selecting an agent to selecting a home and negotiating a deal. Topics include:
- Agent Representation – how/why to select an agent.
- Dual Agency – What is it and how it can negatively impact buyers?
- Best method to find your dream home and pitfalls to avoid.
- Procuring Cause – What is it and how can it negatively impact a buyer?
- Purchase agreement and related paperwork simplified. Important factors that should be included in every offer to protect buyers best interests.
- Stucco homes – what should buyers be aware of?
- Home Inspection: What to expect and key factors buyers should look out for.
- Radon Gas Testing – should I test for radon or not?
- Home Warranty – what is it and why might a buyer want to consider?
- The Art of Negotiation – What to offer and how to get the best price and terms.
- Multiple offers and how to handle them.
- Arbitration explained.
- Closing Process and what to expect.
You will also receive current Woodbury and surrounding community housing market update with you so you can enter the market knowing what is going on in the local real estate market. Market data will include:
- Average sale prices in Woodbury and surrounding communities
- Price per finished square feet
- Current list to sale price ratios in Woodbury
- Average days on market
These FREE buyer workshops are offered at the RE/MAX Results office located at 604 Bielenberg Dr. on the following dates and times:
Thursday, February 21 – 6:00 – 7:30 p.m.
Wednesday, March 6th – 6:00 – 7:30 p.m.
Thursday, March 28th – 6:00 – 7:30 p.m.
Workshops require a 48 hour advance registration. To schedule a reservation contact John Durham at 651-231-2191.
Additional workshop dates and times for April and May will be announced soon.
Workshops presented by John and Becky Durham and the Durham Executive Group of RE/MAX Results.